Tour Code: JSG003-2
[Tama River Course]
2-Day Mt. Mitake Hiking &
Sake Brewery Visit
Best season: April ~ November
(Except Sundays and Thursdays on Day1)
Price per Group
JPY ¥ 276,500 for 4-6 people
JPY ¥ 163,900 for 3 people
JPY ¥ 129,000 for 1-2 people
Day 1 ~Mt. Mitake Hiking~
1. Take a Cable Car to Climb Up to Mt. Mitake
Take a ride on the steepest cable car in the Kanto region which gains 407m of elevation over a distance of 1,107m.
2. Musashi Mitake Shrine
About 30 minutes walk from the station, the Musashi Mitake Shrine is located on the peak of Mount Mitake and said to be founded over 2,000 years ago.
On the way to the shrine, you will find many historic shukubo lodgings, some souvenir shops and restaurants.
3. Trekking at Rock Garden
About two hours moderate hiking to the Rock Garden which is the small beautiful valley where pristine water flows over mossy rocks. Also there are sacred waterfalls, natural landmarks and you may see "kamoshika" Japanese serow if you are lucky.
4. Stay at "Shukubo" Pilgrim's Lodging
Mt. Mitake has long been worshiped as a sacred mountain and Shukubo lodgings are accommodations originally for pilgrims. There are still more than 20 Shukubo remained.
Experience real Japanese culture in a homely atmosphere, having traditional Japanese cuisine and sleeping on tatami mats.
Day 2 ~Sake Brewery Visit~
1. Gyokudo Art Museum
Mr Gyokudo KAWAI is a great master of Japanese painting, contributed to the advancement of Japanese art and culture through the mid 18s to the early 19th century.
The museum is located in his favorite place - along the Mitake valley to preserve his works, and personal belongings, and to impart his true value to posterity for many years to come
*Ranked the Best 5 Japanese gardens in Japan on the Sukiya Living Magazine. (The journal of Japanese Gardening)
2. Stroll along the Mitake Gorge
The 4 km path follows the Tama river downstream offering stunning natural river view.
3. Ozawa Sake Brewery
Founded in 1702, Ozawa Sake Brewery is the oldest sake maker around this area, standing amongst the scenic beauty of the Tama River, Tokyo. Tour the brewery where over 300 years of sake-making traditions are passed down through generations.
- English-speaking staff or guide
- Transportation during the tour (Local bus and Train)
- 2 Lunch (Day 1 & 2)
- 1 Dinner (Day 1)
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Mitake Station Exit at 9:00am
*You can also choose the pickup or private transportation service from your hotel as an option.
Please ask us for the additional fee if your group needs the service.
Return Point & Time
- JR Sawai Station at 4:00pm(approx.)
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Participation is subject to confirmation of the following
- You must not have been diagnosed with symptoms similar to those of the novel Coronavirus within two weeks of the date of participation
- No close contact with a person infected with the novel Coronavirus within two weeks of the date of participation
- Do not have a body temperature of 37.5°C or higher, or cold symptoms, and do not feel ill on the day of participation
[Our countermeasures against COVID-19]
If you have traveled to or had close contact with an infected person in the past two weeks, or have symptoms similar to those of infection, please refrain from participating in the experience and cooperate in taking your temperature, disinfecting, and filling out your personal information on the day of the experience.
- Practice good health and hygiene measures such as wearing a mask in crowded areas and washing/sanitizing your hands, even if you are vaccinated.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 276,500 (4-6 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 163,900 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 129,000 (1-2 travelers)
Tour Code : JSG003-2