1-Day Indigo Dyeing
& Sake Brewery Tour
Best season: late April ~ early May
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
1. Shiofune Kan'nonji Temple
The 15-meter tall standing statue of Kannon Bodhisattva is one of the features of the Shiofune Kannonji Temple besides historical buildings designated as cultural properties, huge Japanese cedar tree designated as a natural monument.
As many as 17,000 azaleas bloom from mid-April to early May. A lot of people come to view the carpet of flowers.
2. Lunch at Gallery Restaurant "Mayugura"
Remodeled old-style warehouse built about 100 years ago, this restaurant serve healthy and tasty dish of seasonal seasonal ingredients. There is an art gallery upstairs.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
*You can choose a western tea garden "Rose Town Tea Garden" for lunch, too.
3. Indigo dyeing factory “Kosouen”
A Japanese indigo dyeing studio Kosouen has still continued dyeing in an authentic and traditional method. You will dye a handkerchief by soaking and rubbing the cloth repeatedly in a vat filled with indigo liquid. You will take it home as a souvenir.
4. Ozawa Sake Brewery
Founded in 1702, Ozawa Sake Brewery is the oldest sake maker around this area, standing amongst the scenic beauty of the Tama River, Tokyo. Tour the brewery where over 300 years of sake-making traditions are passed down through generations.
*We will visit other sake breweries when this brewery is not available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour
(Train and chartered vehicle)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 9:00am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 5:30pm(approx.)
*We come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 30,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 36,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 47,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1037