1-Day Washi Paper Making
& Ninja, Tea Ceremony Tour
Best season: All Seasons
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
1. Washi Paper Making Workshop
Washi is Japanese traditional paper that is designated an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO. Washi paper is tough, long-lasting and it feels very nice.
On this workshop, we can learn how to make washi papers from scratch and make handmade craft works.
2. Lunch at Local Restaurant
Enjoy Soba noodles for lunch which are made from buckwheat, are popular over here because of the fresh water from spring. Served with "tempura" deep-fried local vegetables.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
3. Ninja Class or Matcha Tea Ceremony
Ninja is one of the most popular and unique Japanese traditional culture known worldwide. We barely see ninja in the center of Tokyo in these days... But you can get dressed in Ninja costumes and try basic practices to get a Ninja–like agility.
Match, Japanese green tea, is well known worldwide. The spirit of tea ceremony is based on Zen philosophy and Japanese spirit of hospitality. You will learn the manners and make a cup of green tea yourself.
4. Tour Sake Brewery
Established in 1822, the Tamura Sake Brewery has a beautiful Japanese garden surrounded by historic buildings and the part of them are designated as a registerd cultural property. The 800 -year old Japanese zelkova tree is breathtaking.
*We will visit other sake breweries when this brewery is not available.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Train and chartered vehicle)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 8:00am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 5:00pm(approx.)
*We come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 41,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 48,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 63,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1038