1-Day Shiitake Mushroom picking
& Cultural Cycling Tour
Tour date: 23rd & 24th, April 2020
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
1. Cycling in Ome city to explore the area
Rent a bike and depart for an adventurous cycling in the mountain side of Tokyo from Ome Station.
Enjoy seeing beautiful scenery of a stream, mountains and explore a life of the locals along the way of up and downhills for about 20 km.
We will stop at a mushroom garden to experience a mushroom picking and visit some temples and the traditional Japanese sweets shop by cycle.
2. Mushroom Farm "Uchinuma"
You can find and pick your favorite mushrooms on wood logs and mushroom beds in the garden.
Mostly shiitake mushrooms are grown through a year.
Other kinds – like Maitake, Nameko can be found depending on the season.
The BBQ is also available for the visitors to taste the fresh ones by grilling them up.
3. Anrakuji Temple
It is said to be initiated around A.D.710 by a famous monk GYOKI, and there are a unique stone lantern, a thatched-roofed gate and a huge cedar tree with a height of about 37 m and 6.5 m circumference. Beautiful flowers of lots of peach trees dye all over the area with the color of pink as the season comes every year.
4. Shiofune Kan'nonji Temple
The 15-meter tall standing statue of Kannon Bodhisattva is one of the features of the Shiofune Kannonji Temple besides historical buildings designated as cultural properties, huge Japanese cedar tree designated as a natural monument.
As many as 17,000 azaleas bloom from mid-April to early May. A lot of people come to view the carpet of flowers.
5. Wagashi making & Matcha Tea Ceremony
Wagashi is traditional Japanese sweets usually served with a cup of green tea.
You can experience of learning how to make wagashi from scratch at the workshop.
It will be fun to create your original wagashi by yourself.
After that, you will have your wagashi with a cup of matcha green tea at a tea ceremony room.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Train & bike)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 8:30am
*We go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 7:00pm(approx.)
*We come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 29,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 35,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 45,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1047