1-Day Mount Hydrangea Walking &
Firefly Viewing Tour
Best season: mid-June ~ early July
This area, which is called Nishitama, is a neighborhood located to the west of the metropolitan area in Tokyo. There are mountains, rivers, good old Japanese culture and sound of nature instead of crowds, skyscrapers and bustle of a city. It's a part of a national park.
In such surroundings, people and nature coexist in harmony.
1. Mount Hydrangea
10,000 of the flowers at Mount Minamisawa Hydrangea has been planted and cared by Mr. Minamisawa for over a half century. A variety of colorful flower heads can be seen in the mountain during the season.
2. Bath Foot in Hot Spring
Awarded one of the best hot springs, "Seotonoyu" hot spring is good for your skin as it contains highly alkaline.
Bathing foot in a hot spring gets your whole body warm without taking all your clothes off by promoting blood circulation. There are many nerves in foot as known as a second heart, so you can also expect relaxing and detoxification effects.
3. Dinner at Local Restaurant
The restaurant offers homemade vegetables on a big plate with beautiful decoration. They also serve very local sake brand Kisho.
*We will visit other restaurants when this restaurant is not available.
4. Firefly Viewing
Fireflies, also known as lightning bugs, are barely seen recently in Japan. In today's fast-changing environment, Tokyo is hard to live for wildlife. But we can watch thousands of flashing lights in the air around this area because of the fresh and clean water of rivers.
*Please note that you might not be watching fireflies due to bad weather or any other conditions.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour (Train & chartered taxi)
- Admission fees
- Travel Insurance
Departure Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station
East Exit next to KOBAN (Police Box) at 1:00pm
⇒Check the meeting point on a map
*We will go to the local station by train.
Return Point & Time
- JR Shinjuku Station at 10:00pm(approx.)
*We will come back to the JR Shinjuku station by train.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure,
there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book.
- Please note that the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other special conditions, we could cancel tours.
When we cancel the tour, we will refund all the tour cost you paid.
- JPY ¥ 39,000 (4 or more travelers)
- JPY ¥ 49,000 (3 travelers)
- JPY ¥ 65,000 (2 travelers)
Tour Code : S1049